Tuesday, November 6, 2012

C4K Summary for October

For my C4K #3, I was assigned to Kate in fourth grade.
Visit Her Blog

Kate is a fourth grader in Ms. Dunlop's Class.
Visit The Class Blog

Kate's post was about her trip to New York for her birthday gift. She wrote about the train ride to the hotel and the glass elevator in the hotel. She also wrote about what she did while she was in New York. She went to see the play Mary Poppins, and she also went to the American Girl Doll Store. She said that the store was three stories high. Kate loved her trip to New York!

When I left my comment, I first introduced myself to Kate. I told her that I live in Alabama and that I go to school at the University of South Alabama where I am getting my degree in elementary education. I also told her about my blog for EDM310 and a little bit about the class. I wrote to Kate that I have never been to New York, but that must have been the best birthday present ever! I asked her if she enjoyed the Mary Poppins play. I told her a three story shop sounds like it would hold a lot of dolls. I also wrote how I was on a glass elevator one time when I was younger, and it was really cool to be able to see everything around me while it was moving. I do wonder if people who get car sick get sick in elevators like that, though. I told her that I hoped she gets a chance to go back to New York again.


For my C4K #4, I was assigned to an 11th grade US History Research Seminar post "From the Mouths of Babes".
Visit This Blog

This is a post on a class blog kept by student-authors and their teacher Mike Gwaltney (@MikeGwaltney)at Oregon Episcopal School.
Visit The Class Blog

This post was about "What does it mean to be American in 2012?" The author of this post and her partner for this project asked a second grade class their opinions and got back answers like "freedom" and "taking care of each other". The author wrote that these second graders were upset at the fact that voting is not taken seriously and that citizens should fulfill there rights and vote. The people completing this project also emailed relatives and friends asking what they felt it means to be an American. Through replies to these emails, second grade opinions, and some extra research, they found that the core part is freedom. It was mentioned almost every time they asked.

When I left my comment, I first introduced myself. I told the author that I live in Alabama and that I go to school at the University of South Alabama where I am getting my degree in elementary education. I also told her about my blog for EDM310 and a little bit about the class. I wrote that I enjoyed reading her post. I told her about how I observe in a third grade classroom currently, and I have learned that some of the craziest but also wisest things come "from the mouths of babes". I too would say that the key part of being an American is the freedom that comes with it. I believe that America offers many opportunities, and it is what we as Americans do with those opportunities that makes the difference. A little bit of hard work and perseverance goes a long way. I also commented about my strong opinion on voting. As soon as I was old enough, I was registering to vote. I believe that voting is an American right that should be taken seriously. I thanked her for her thought-provoking post.


For my C4K #5, I was assigned to Zea.
Visit Her Blog

She is a fifth grader in Mrs. Goerend's class in Iowa.
Visit The Class Blog

Zea's post was about her finding out about her newborn cousin. She is a very descriptive writer. When I was reading her post, I could feel what she was feeling, because she was using so many descriptive words. She began by telling her readers that it was March, and it was late at night when her mom called her grandmother asking for her. When she anwered her mom had the good news that Zea's baby cousin was born. She found out it was a girl, and that her name was Hope. Zea could not wait to see her little baby cousin. You could feel the anticipation in her writing. Her cousin lives in Arizona, so she knew it would probably be a while until she was able to take a trip from Iowa to Arizona to see her cousin. Her mom told her that they all would be going to California in June and would get to see her then. She said that she loved the trip and cannot wait until she can go back as a family.

When I left my comment, I first introduced myself. I told her that I live in Alabama and that I go to school at the University of South Alabama where I am getting my degree in elementary education. I also told her about my blog for EDM310 and a little bit about the class. I wrote that I enjoyed reading her post. I told her how she was very descriptive, and when I was reading I could feel how she was feeling. That is a great characteristic to have as a writer. I told her that I had a niece who was born in March, too. I also have a niece that is four. I commented that they live close by though, so I get to see them quite often. I thanked her for sharing her story, and wrote that I hope she gets to go back and visit soon.


For my C4K #6, I was assigned to Elizabeth.
Visit Her Blog
Elizabeth lives in the Rocky Mountains. She is in the fourth grade. She loves to do gymnastics and read. Her favorite book is Matilda.

Danielle Spencer Canada @iambeamer
Visit All KidBlogs! Here

Elizabeth's post was a short summary about herself. She wrote about living in the Rocky Mountains in Alberta where people like to do winter sports like hockey, skiing, and snow boarding.She wrote about her love of gymnastics and reading. She also wrote that she does not have any brothers or sisters.

When I left my comment, I first introduced myself to Kate. I told her that I live in Alabama and that I go to school at the University of South Alabama where I am getting my degree in elementary education. I also told her about my blog for EDM310 and a little bit about the class. I wrote that it is probably super cold in the Rocky Mountains, and that I could not imagine having to live in such a cold place. I have never been skiing or snowboarding. I have always wanted to, though. I told her that one day I will do it, and I will most probably brake every bone in my body! I have never played hockey either, but I have been ice skating. I am not very good at it. I did gymnastics when I was younger, and I absolutely loved it. I told her that I have one brother and one sister. My brother is my twin, and my sister is eleven years older than us. It was not planned, but we all have the same birthday (Sept. 24). I told her I enjoyed reading her blog and thanked her for sharing the information about herself.


For my C4K #7 Special Edition, I was assigned to the Irish Blessing post.
Dr. Paige Vitulli and Dr. Susan Santolli are in Ireland attending the Ireland International Conference on Education. Their blog is Vitulli & Santoli Eyes on Ireland.

Irish Blessing


This is what the Irish Blessing post contained. I commented to Dr. Santoli and Dr. Vitulli that I have never been to Ireland, but I love the Irish accent. Actually, I think I love all accents! I wrote that I hope both of them are enjoying themselves and are learning a lot. I have actually never heard of the Irish Blessing, but it is beautiful. After the week I had last week, I commented that this was encouraging and definitely a blessing. I have decided that I am going to be more optimistic about the outcome of this week! I thanked them for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment