Monday, November 19, 2012

C4K Summary for November

For my C4K #8, I was assigned to Alex M in eighth grade.
Visit His Blog

Alex M is an eighth grader in Mr. Boylen's Class.
Visit Class Blog

Alex's latest post was titled "Wind Catcher". It was super short post about the reason he liked the book Wind Catcher. He says he likes it because he can understand it. It is about a boy who buys a sail boat with his own money. Apparently he was going to purchase a scooter at one point in time, but decided to save his money for a boat.

When I left my comment, I first introduced myself to Alex. I told him that I live in Alabama and that I go to school at the University of South Alabama where I am getting my degree in elementary education. I also told him about my blog for EDM310 and a little bit about the class. I wrote to Alex that I haven't ever read the book, but it sounds interesting. I commented that it was cool that the boy was able to purchase the sail boat with his own money. He must have saved up for a while. If I had enough money to buy a sail boat, I think I would by something different, though. I might buy a car. I am not much of a sailor, but I do like to fish. I asked him what he would buy if he had enough money to get a boat? I commented that I wonder why the boy in the story decided to get the sail boat instead of the scooter. Maybe, he likes being out on the water. I wrote to him that I hope he find more books he can understand and enjoy reading!


For my C4K #9, I was assigned to ibramseys13.
Visit The Student's Blog

Mr. Cometti @jpcometti Robertsdale High World History:
Visit Class Blog

ibramsys13's latest post was about Marie Antoinette who was a ruler that lived lavishly. This post contained lots of information about Antoinette, including information about her parents and siblings. She had fifteen brothers and sisters, lived in a palace in Habsburg, and married King Louis XVI. Antoinette had four children, but only one (Marie Therese Charlotte) lived to adulthood. According to this post, people did not like having Antoinette as ruler because she spent so much money and enforced high taxes. Eventually, a revolution broke out and the French revolted against the Government. Louis was executed and later Antoinette was killed by the guillotine, which was a popular killing device.

When I left my comment, I first introduced myself. I wrote that I live in Alabama and that I go to school at the University of South Alabama where I am getting my degree in elementary education. I also wrote about my blog for EDM310 and a little bit about the class. I commented that I did not know any of this about Marie Antoinette until reading this post. It was very informational and well-written. I asked the students what he/she would do if he/she was in Antoinette's position? I asked, "Would you spend all that money, too?" Also, I commented that I could not imagine having fifteen brothers and sisters. I have one brother (my twin) and one sister, and I think that is plenty. I am glad my parents do not have to decide who I marry because that could be catastrophic! I commented that this was a great post and for ibramseys13 to keep up the good writing!


For my C4K #10 - Ms. Nelson and Ms. Yim (created Checklist) @theparentsview Daphne East Elementary 4th grade
View Post Here
"Montgomery Field Trip Projects: It is amazing what students can do when the technology is put in their hands" This post had four movies and a picture of the class with Gov. Bentley. I was assigned the movie about Rosa Parks specifically.

The Rosa Parks video had several pictures of Rosa Parks, and a recording of the students explaining who she was. She was an African American woman who refused to give up her seat for the white people. The video also had a couple pictures of Martin Luther King Jr. who also had a profound impact on the Civil Rights Movement. The post had a picture of the students all having iPads. They were using them to either take pictures or video Governor Bentley.

When I left my comment, I first introduced myself. I wrote that I live in Alabama and that I go to school at the University of South Alabama where I am getting my degree in elementary education. I also wrote about my blog for EDM310 and a little bit about the class. First of all, I have always loved Rosa Park's story. I have written several papers and given many reports on her. Her determination to stand up for herself is encouraging and inspiring. I also, loved the picture of the kids with Governor Bentley. They were so excited to meet him. Man, I would be too! I wish I could have went on that field trip! I think it is important for children to know who are governor is and what he does for our state. This field trip sounded like a great experience for the students, and I know they took a lot of information away from it just because their videos were so informative. I really enjoyed watching the videos. I especially liked looking at the pictures while listening to the student's explain them. The video looks like a fun assignment for students to do after a field trip to a place like our capital. It definitely gives them a chance to talk about everything they saw and learned.

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Yim invented the EDM310 Checklist. Mr. Cometti is also an EDM310 grad.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete