Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Summary C4T #2

Sheamus Burns: The Learning Brain
Visit His Blog

For part one of my C4T Assignment #2, I went to Mr. Burns blog and read his post from September 28, 2012. Since he has switched blogging formats and Tumblr just allows notes, I was not able to leave a comment. Therefore, I will summarize his post then write what I would have commented if I was able to. In his post, Mr. Burns wrote about how he has been recognized by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and has been asked to take part in their year long Teachers of the Future Program. He also had a his school's webpage URL available for people who wanted to read more about this.
Visit His School's Webpage Here
I visited the school webpage and learned that Mr. Burns has been a Visual Art Department faculty member at the Lawrenceville School for the past six years. He was one of twenty teachers nationwide chosen for the program and will lead an online discussion forum designed to share innovative ideas and teaching techniques.

If I would have been able to leave a comment, I would have first congratulated him on this outstanding achievement. I have never heard of the NAIS or the Teachers of the Future Program, but from what I read it seems like it will be an exciting program to work with. I would have wished Mr. Burns the best with his discussion forum and thanked him for his dedication to schooling!

For part two of my C4T Assignment #2, I went to Mr. Burns blog and read his post from October 15, 2012. Since he has switched blogging formats and Tumblr just allows notes, I was not able to leave a comment. Therefore, I will summarize his post then write what I would have commented if I was able to. In his post, Mr. Burns asked for help in judging his seniors' design class inventions. The seniors at the Lawrenceville School in Design for Social Impact came up with designs and prototypes for new products. They announce the winners on Wednesday.

I went to the web-link that was provided (https://sites.google.com/site/lvilledsi/). I took a look at all the different designs and descriptions. There were all kinds of things. Some of the options were a Fan Bookmark, a Self Sustaining Solar Lamp, a Stair Slide, earTunes, a Monday Morning Mirror, The Insect Annihilator,and many more. My two favorites were the Fresh Scent Fan and the The Mixed Drinker 4000. I enjoyed looking at them and reading about them. The class did a really good job of creating a wide variety of innovative designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment